Students applying for the Fire Academy must be at least 18 years old prior to the first day of the course. Students are expected to have the math and language skills of a high school graduate.
Fire Academy Students must provide a legible copy of their:
- High school
diploma or equivalent GED
- Basic Life
Support (BLS) card which was issued within 6 months of the start of
the EMT course.
Basic First Aid or better certification
- Provide a
valid and current Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) with
National Testing Network
of Health Insurance
Hold Harmless Form
- Fire Academy $2000
- Firefighter II $875
- BLS certification training: $65.00
- Safety glasses (ANZI Z87.1 approved): $18.00–$25.00
- Navy blue work pants $20+
- Black shoes $20+( Recommend 8” safety toe black boots, preferably side zip, if planning on attending the Fire Academy)
- State Testing Fees (1st Test Fee Included in Tuition)
- Turnout Gear Rental for Self Sponsored students.